- This event has passed.
September 18, 2016 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm$200
An entry-level course where students are familiarized with their shotguns. The class will thoroughly cover:
- Safety Plan
- Medical Brief
- Proper choice and placement of gear
- Different optics and accessories
- Effective shooting stance
- Proper weapon grip
- Recoil control
- Sight alignment
- Sight picture using iron sights and electronic optics
- Proper zero and confirmation of them. (Range dependent on distance)
- Use of the sling for supported shooting
- Use of body supported shooting positions
- Trigger control
- Speed reloads
- Tactical reloads
- Malfunctions of the shotgun
- Different shooting positions
- A functional and practical shotgun chambered in 12 or 20 gauge.
- Hearing Protection, electronic is preferred.
- Wrap around style eye protection.
- If available, a spare weapon system is also an excellent idea.
- A minimum of 350 Rounds Birdshot, 50 rounds Buckshot.
- A cleaning kit and tools that are compatible with the weapon system(s)
- Handheld flashlight and or weapons mounted light.
990 Lake Ave
No Range Fee
12 people are attending Practical Shotgun
NOTE: Course pricing does not include any range fees required by the training location.