An entry-level course where students are familiarized with their shotguns. This class is geared toward those with training outside the basic classes from novice to the intermediate shooter, looking to tune up some skills. Even at this early level, we expect students to have an understanding of various methods of reloading, weapon manipulation and most importantly muzzle awareness and safety.
THIS CLASS WILL THOROUGHLY COVER
- Safety brief & Medical plan
- Effective accessories
- Effective shooting stance
- Proper weapon grip
- Recoil control
- Sight alignment
- Sight picture using iron sights and electronic optics
- Proper patterning and confirmation of them
- Use of the sling
- Emergency reloads
- Ammo management
- Malfunctions of the shotgun
- Different shooting positions
- Shooting multiple targets
- Movement drills
- and more…
- A functional and practical shotgun chambered in 12 or 20 gauge.
- Hearing Protection, electronic is preferred.
- Wrap around style eye protection.
- IFAK and/or Tourniquet
- If available, a spare weapon system is also an excellent idea.
- A minimum of 300 Rounds Birdshot, 30 rounds Buckshot.
- A cleaning kit and tools that are compatible with the weapon system(s).
- Handheld flashlight and or weapons mounted light.
- A Black Sharpie Marker
* Please note: that the range has no facilities / running water etc (they do have porta potties), so please bring plenty of water and anything else you might need throughout the day.