- This event has passed.
Shooting on the move Handgun-Carbine
March 7 @ 9:00 am - March 8 @ 5:00 pm$500
This two day intensive class is task focused on developing the concepts and skills required for shooting while moving in various directions while understanding and utilizing angles to clear lanes of fire with a handgun and carbine . Students should have high proficiency level of weapons handling and manipulations before attending this class.
THE CLASS WILL THOROUGHLY COVER
- Safety brief
- Medical plan
- Accuracy Drills, recoil control techniques
- Loading techniques
- How and why of speed/retention/emergency loading
- Accuracy and Timed drills
- Shooting from retention
- Weapon Hand / alternate hand Shooting
- Movement when to shoot and how
- Multiple target tracking
- Low light (when and where applicable)
- Ammunition: 600 rounds minimum PER HANDGUN/CARBINE
- IFAK and/or Tourniquet is REQUIRED
- Hearing Protection (electronic is preferred)
- Wrap around style eye protection
- Cleaning kit and tools that are compatible with the weapon system(s)- Outdoor appropriate clothing for changing weather conditions
- Notebook and pen
- A functional and practical handgun chambered in 380,9mm, .40 cal, or .45 ACP.
- A functional carbine chambered 5.56, 7.62×39, 300blk, 762×51, 5.45×39- 3 magazines minimum (Students with single stack pistols should have twice that.)
- No green tip,m855 ammo as we will be shooting steel targets.
- PLEASE ARRIVE TO CLASS WITH MAGAZINES ALREADY LOADED
- Quality holster
- Magazine pouches (or pockets)
- Sturdy belt (or duty gear)
STRICT NO VIDEO POLICY! YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE COURSE!
No Refunds unless we cancel the course
If you have to cancel attending a course you are registered for you may opt to transfer to another course that has openings within the calendar year.
NOTE: Course pricing does not include any range fees required by the training location.