- This event has passed.
Precision Rifle Skill Builder
July 14, 2018 @ 8:30 am - 5:30 pm$175
PRECISION RIFLE SKILL BUILDER – Taught by Instructor William Thompson
The Precision Rifle Skill Builder class, focuses of the shooting fundamentals covered the Precision Rifle I two day class. As a prerequisite, participants must have attended the Precision Rifle I class or have a similarly qualifying set of credentials (contact instructor to see if qualifications are sufficient).
COURSE FEE: $175.00
A lot of information is covered during the two day Precision Rifle I class. To reinforce much of what was covered, the Precision Rifle Skill Builder class will cover a significant portion of the shooting drills covered in the two day class. The Skill Builder class is heavy on trigger time. This will give students an opportunity to hone their precision rifle skills while receiving instant feedback from the instructor.
Since the information covered in the two day class is a prerequisite, shooters will be expected to show up to class with their rifles zeroed and with enough ballistic data to engage targets out to 850 yards. The class will begin with drills at the 100 yard line and will bounce back to the 600 yard line for the remainder of the day. Throughout the duration of the class, students will reinforce correct body position, bolt manipulation, calling their shots, multi-target engagements, wind calls, and a number of other fundamentals. Both paper and steel targets will be used for this course. The pace for this curriculum will be fast.
Logistically, vehicles must be staged separately from the ranges, so shooters will have limited chances to return to their vehicles. Everything for the range portion of the class should be able to be carried by hand or in a backpack.
For more information about this course, please contact Will Thompson, Text/Call (313) 244-1557 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
EQUIPMENT LIST: Required Equipment
- Rifle: Bolt action or semi-auto rifle capable of 1 MOA accuracy. Caliber must be between .223 cal. and 300 Win. Mag. (with velocities below 3,100fps). Rifle must be in safe operating condition.
- Scope: Shooter must have a scope with target/tactical turrets that is adjustable in Millradian (MRAD) or Minutes of Angle (MOA). Scope must have at least 10x magnification. Mil/MOA reticle of some type is required. Having a zero stop is highly recommended. Shooters are responsible for: a) knowing the mechanics of how to zero their scope, and b) having the tools on hand to zero their scope.
- Ammunition: Shooter must have 220 rounds of serviceable ammunition. One consistent lot is recommended.
- Bi-pod / Rear Bag:
- Shooter must have a bi-bipod. Recommended: Harris S-BRM Bipod Leg Notch Sling Swivel Stud Mount 6″ to 9″ – or – Atlas Bi-pod.
- Shooter must have a rear bag. Recommended: MidwayUSA Rear Bag, Phantom Precision Tactical, Short Action Precision, Armageddon Gear, etc.
- Safety Equipment/Clothing / Other
- Eye Protection (must be worn during all firing)
- Electronic Ear Protection (must be able to hear corrections)
- Appropriate clothing for the weather
- Food and beverages for the day
- Something to write with
- Smart Phone, Kestrel, or Ballistic Data Chart
- 8:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. Registration (Meet on 200 yard range)
- 9:00 a.m. – 9:15 a.m. Introduction & Safety Brief
- 9:15 a.m. – 9:45 p.m. Brief review of Fundamentals Material
- 9:45 a.m. – 11:45 a.m. Drills on 100 yard range.
- 11:45 a.m. – 12:45 p.m. Lunch
- 12:45 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. Review of Long Range Fundamentals (Meet on 600 yard berm)
- 1:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. Long Range Target Engagements
- 4:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Final Exercise
- 5:00 p.m. – 5:15 p.m. Debrief
Refunds are only issued for canceled classes only no exceptions.
Questions? Contact: Will Thompson, Text/Call (313) 244-1557
NOTE: Course pricing does not include any range fees required by the training location.