- This event has passed.
Essential Handgun Employment
December 1 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm$200
Steve Fisher and Tatiana Whitlock present Essential Handgun. A “not so basic” course, this one-day class is geared toward those looking to refresh, fine tune and establish a solid foundation in the fundamentals. Push your personal best to new levels in this detail oriented class with timed and graded drills and under the guidance of two of the industries top educators.
The class will thoroughly cover:
- Safety Plan
- Medical Brief
- Effective shooting stance
- Proper weapon grip
- Recoil control
- Sight alignment & Sight picture
- Trigger control
- Speed reloads, Emergency reloads
- Timed graded drills
- A functional and practical handgun chambered in 380,9mm, .40 cal, or .45 ACP.
- Hearing Protection, electronic is preferred.
- Quality OWB holster, magazine pouches and sturdy gun belt
- Wrap around style eye protection.
- IFAK &/or Tourniquet is required – No exceptions
- If available, a spare weapon system is also an excellent idea.
- A minimum of 300 rounds of pistol ammunition (more is better)
- Each student should have a minimum of 5 working magazines. Students with single stack pistols should have twice that.
- PACK A LUNCH and come prepared with plenty of fluids.
DAY OF CLASS: We will meet at Frog Bones Range at 8:00am for our initial meet up, range fee collection, waiver signing and will caravan from there to our outdoor training venue a short 20 minute drive away.
Refund Policy: Refunds are only issued for canceled classes only no exceptions.
Range Fee: $25/Day
NOTE: Course pricing does not include any range fees required by the training location.