- This event has passed.
Essential Carbine Employment
December 2, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm$200
Steve Fisher and Tatiana Whitlock present Essential Carbine Employment A “not so basic” course, this one-day class is geared toward those looking to refresh, fine tune and establish a solid foundation in the fundamentals. Push your personal best to new levels in this detail oriented class with timed and graded drills and under the guidance of two of the industries top educators.
The class will thoroughly cover:
- Safety Plan
- Medical Brief
- Proper zero and confirmation
- Sight alignment & Sight picture
- Effective shooting stance
- Proper weapon grip
- Trigger control
- Recoil control
- Use of sling for supported shooting
- Use of body for supported shooting positions
- Speed reloads, Tactical Reloads, Emergency reloads
- Malfunctions of the rifle
- Carbine ready positions
- Timed graded drills
- A functional and practical carbine or battle rifle chambered in 5.56×45, 5.45×39, 300 Blackout, 7.62×39, 7.62×51.
- If available, a spare carbine is also an excellent idea.
- Sling (two point slings are preferable and strongly recommended)
- Hearing Protection, electronic is preferred.
- Wrap around style eye protection.
- IFAK &/or Tourniquet is required – No exceptions
- If available, a spare weapon system is also an excellent idea.
- A minimum of 500 rounds of ammunition (more is better)
- Each student should have a minimum of 5 working magazines. Students with single stack pistols should have twice that.
DAY OF CLASS: We will meet at Frog Bones Range at 8:00am for our initial meet up, range fee collection, waiver signing and will caravan from there to our outdoor training venue a short 20 minute drive away.
Refund Policy: Refunds are only issued for canceled classes only no exceptions.
Range Fee: $25/Day
NOTE: Course pricing does not include any range fees required by the training location.