- This event has passed.
Critical Handgun Employment (CHE)
June 16, 2018 @ 8:00 am - June 17, 2018 @ 5:00 pm$450
Potential students absolutely must have prior vetted training to attend this course, students will be required to shoot a standards test at beginning of the class on demand. The level of activity is moderate to demanding, students who do not show proficient safe weapons handling will not dictate the class tempo
The class will thoroughly cover:
- Safety brief & Medical plan
- Timed, graded quals
- Accuracy Drills, recoil control techniques
- How and why of speed/retention/emergency loading
- Accuracy and Timed drills
- Shooting from retention
- Weapon Hand / alternate Hand Malfunctions
- Weapon Hand / alternate hand Shooting Drills
- Movement when to shoot and how
- Shooting from downed positions
- Multiple target tracking
- Low light (when and where applicable)
- and more…
- A functional and practical handgun chambered in .380, 9mm, .40 cal, or .45 ACP.
- Hearing Protection, electronic is preferred.
- Wrap around style eye protection.
- IFAK &/or Tourniquet
- If available, a spare handgun and support gear is also an excellent idea.
- A minimum of 1000 rounds of pistol ammunition.(more is better in some cases)
Weapons mounted light/handheld for classes
- A cleaning kit and tools that are compatible with the weapon system(s)
- Each student should have a minimum of 5 working magazines. Students with single stack pistols should have twice that.
Refund Policy: Refunds are only issued for canceled classes only no exceptions.
*Range Fee $25/day
Big Springs Range/Brownells
Exit 182 Interstate 80
Big Springs Range Facility:
South on hwy 146 from Grinnell, bear left to stay on hwy 146 at the junction of county road F62 (at Searsboro).
Stay on hwy 146 approximately 1.2 miles, range is on the left side of the road.
Comfort Inn: $113 night
1630 West Street
Grinnell, Iowa 50112
Country Inn: $109 night
Best Western Pioneer Inn & Suites: $109 night
Keith Romp – Central Iowa Training Group
NOTE: Course pricing does not include any range fees required by the training location.