CRITICAL HANDGUN EMPLOYMENT
February 2, 2019 @ 9:00 am - February 3, 2019 @ 6:00 pm$450
Course Fee: $450
Range Fee: $0 Range Fee’s courtesy of Tuff Products
Critical Handgun Employment
This course is designed for students who are ready to take their handgun skills beyond the basic fundamentals and focuses on developing the skills required to maintain a level of emotional and physical control while processing information and making decisions on the move. Students will learn how to move and manipulate their daily or duty carry weapon in conventional and unconventional shooting positions with a focus on employment in a fluid environment. Potential students are required to have attended vetted training prior to attend this course. Students will be required to shoot a standards test at the beginning of the class to ensure proficiency level. The level of activity is moderate to demanding, students who do not show proficient safe weapons handling will not dictate the class tempo.
THIS COURSE WILL THOROUGHLY COVER
- Safety brief & Medical plan
- Timed, graded quals
- Accuracy Drills, recoil control techniques
- How and why of speed/retention/emergency loading
- Accuracy and Timed drills
- Shooting from retention
- Weapon Hand / alternate Hand Malfunctions
- Weapon Hand / alternate hand Shooting Drills
- Movement when to shoot and how
- Shooting from downed positions
- Multiple target tracking
- Low light (when and where applicable)
- and more…
- A functional and practical handgun chambered in .380, 9mm, .40 cal, or .45 ACP.
- Hearing Protection, electronic is preferred.
- Wrap around style eye protection.
- IFAK &/or Tourniquet
- If available, a spare handgun and support gear is also an excellent idea.
- A minimum of 1000 rounds of pistol ammunition. (More is better in some cases.)
- PLEASE ARRIVE TO CLASS WITH MAGAZINES ALREADY LOADED.
- Weapons mounted light/handheld for classes
- A cleaning kit and tools that are compatible with the weapon system(s)
- Each student should have a minimum of 5 working magazines. Students with single stack pistols should have twice that.
COURSE ENROLLMENT POLICY
- Sentinel Concepts has a strict NO VIDEO policy. Questions? Ask Steve directly.
- Refunds issued for cancelled classes ONLY; no exceptions.
- Courses close to enrollment 20 days prior to start date.
- Should the class still be listed and you are interested in attending please email email@example.com to confirm ticket availability and purchase.
NOTE: Course pricing does not include any range fees required by the training location.